[Discuss-gnuradio] continuous data collection?

From: Clark Pope
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] continuous data collection?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:23:08 -0500

I've been collecting snapshots through my DBS and USRP to do DBPSK and DQPSK bit error rate testing. I'm not able to get the BER below about 1e-5. It seems that slips are occuring spontaneously in the data even though no over/underflow is reported during the collection.

Questions:
1. Has anyone successfully done long term collections without any slips?
2. Are the O/U flags sticky?, i.e. if I don't see an under or overflow reported then I can be sure the fifos were okay?

I've done BERs from 1 Mbaud to 11 Mbaud all with the same frequency of slips so it does not appear to be speed related.

Thanks,
Clark