Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] frequency tuning word quantization

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] frequency tuning word quantization
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 08:35:31 -0800

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 08:45:04AM +0100, Matteo Campanella wrote:
> great... this should mean we should be able to test alot of examples
> removing the xlating filter from the chain... I hope to run some tests
> asap; in the meanwhile Eric, what is a good starter example to understand
> how to decode/encode digital signals as, for example, FSK g3ruh? the fsk
> or psk ones?

Take a look at http://comsec.com/wiki?SuggestedReading

Here are a couple of specific suggestions:

''Digital Signal Processing in Communication Systems'' by Marvin
E. Frerking. Practical engineering focus. Lots of great
examples. Frerking often provides mulitiple solutions for a given
transmitter or receiver design problem. ISBN 0442016166

''Wireless Digital Communications: Design and Theory'', by Tom
McDermott?, N5EG. Good high level overview of the basics of digital
comms. Published by TAPR, available at http://www.tapr.org. ISBN
0-9644707-2-1

> the other thing is that the tvrx has some error in tuning, in my case
> about 4KHz, that is within the specs - obviously this is a problem in the
> case of narrowband where 4KHz matter... any idea to quickfix this?

A PLL to track the real signal?

Eric