Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulateous transmission from two daughterboards

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulateous transmission from two daughterboards
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:04:38 -0800

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 02:21:55AM -0500, Satashu Goel wrote:
>I am trying to find some information on how to use the two Tx
>daughterboards to transmit independent data streams?
>In one of the posts,
>http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2005-10/msg00142.html
>Eric said that this can be done by using a "stream with two interleaved
>channels of I & Q data".
>Does anyone know how to do this using the existing blocks? It will be
>great if someone can post an example.
>
>Thanks,
>Satashu

OK, I've got your example ready.  It runs with any kind of
daughterboard on either side.  Here's an example of running it with
a basic Tx on side A and a flex 400 on B:

  address@hidden usrp]$ ./fm_tx_2_daughterboards.py 10M 446.1M
  Using TX d'board A: Basic Tx
  Using TX d'board B: Flex 400 Tx
  Tuning side A to 10MHz
    r.baseband_freq = 0
    r.dxc_freq      = 10M
    r.residual_freq = 0
    r.inverted      = False
    OK
  Tuning side B to 446.1MHz
    r.baseband_freq = 450M
    r.dxc_freq      = -3.9M
    r.residual_freq = -381.47m
    r.inverted      = False
    OK

Enter ^C to kill it.

It puts out SSB (USB) signals.  Side A gets a 600 Hz tone.  Side B
gets 350 + 440 Hz (US dial tone).  You should be able to hear these
with a suitable receiver.  Worked for me ;)

It's checked in as gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/fm_tx_2_daughterboards.py
and is also attached.    Yes, you could consider having to manually
interleave the output streams a bug.

Eric