Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Capture and replay (usrp_rx_cfile.py)

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Capture and replay (usrp_rx_cfile.py)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:00:36 -0800

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 11:26:12AM +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi, all
>       Is there any script which is capable to replay the captured file
> generated by the usrp_rx_cfile.py? It is better if I can choose either the
> basic TX board (baseband only) or the USRP TVRX board (RF
> upconversion).

FYI, the TVRX board does not transmit.

> I dare not to try to cook my own script because it seems
> that interpolator portion is done inside the ADI 9862 chip and I am unsure
> how to programm it correctly. An rough example would be very helpful!

There is no existing program that does exactly what you want, but it's
not tricky.  Take a look at fm_tx4.py, and ignore all the code
that generates the multiple fm signals.  Just replace all that with a
gr.file_source(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, "my_file.dat"), connect it to
self.u and you'll be good to go.   All you have to do to set the
interpolation rate is to call
self.u.set_interp_rate(interp_factor), just like in the example.

We've spent a lot of time trying to make it easy ;)

Eric