[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Sourceforge CVS problem

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Sourceforge CVS problem
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:17:45 -0800 (PST)

I am unable to update usrp from CVS at Sourceforge for the last two days
(details below).

I've had troubles with incomplete CVS updates from Sourceforge before, but
I have always been able to complete the update just by waiting a while and trying again. But yesterday and today it seems more badly broken.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it likely this is just a temporary problem, and I should just try again tomorrow?

I've had no problems updating other modules from CVS at gnu.org.

Jon Jacky

Here's the problem description.  At the command line, I type

 % cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/opensdr login

The server responds immediately with

 Logging in to :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/opensdr
 CVS password:

Then I type RET or anonymous.  After a long wait (minutes), cvs responds

 cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from
 cvs.sourceforge.net: M -!- Client or Server timeout occurred!

I also tried the sourceforge webpage. Searching sourceforge.net for opensdr, I get this URL, which opens the GNU Radio: Software Defined Radio page

 http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensdr/

Then clicking clicking on the CVS link near the menu bar at the top opens

  http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=22397

with information about CVS. Clicking the link Browse CVS Repository tries to open

 http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/opensdr

but after a long wait I get an error page instead.  On Mac OS X/Safari
it says:

 Safari can't open the page http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/.
 The error was: "lost network connection" (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005)

On Windows or Linux (FC3)/Firefox it says:

 Proxy Error
 The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server
 The proxy server could not handle the request GET/viewcvs.py/opensdr