Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV and Microtune 4937 eval board

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV and Microtune 4937 eval board
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:25:38 -0800

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 10:50:07PM -0800, mao mao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to Gnuradio group. After reading the FAQ, I am very excited
> about HDTV reception. I want to start playing with gnuradio 0.9 code
> first because there are working HDTV codes out there.
>
> I checked Measurement Computing, and found their AD board is
> available for $1299,not bad. Here is the hard part: How can I get a
> Microtune 4937 eval board? First, I don't know how to get a 4937
> tuner module. Second, I am a software guy, and building a eval board
> according to the schematic is a hard job for me. So my question is:
>
> Can anybody in this group sell me a Microtune 4937 eval board for a
> reasonable price? I am in San Jose area in California.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Mao

Hi Mao,

I concur with Lamar's suggestions.

I'd suggest a USRP with TV_RX daughterboard, and use the CVS
gnuradio-core release.  You may want to look at the gnuradio-0.9 code
for the ATSC tx and rx, but in addition, the modules which need
porting are in gnuradio-core CVS under gnuradio-core/src/lib/atsc.

There's unlikely to be support available for gnuradio-0.9 -- don't ask me ;)
Eric