Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bell 202 modulation

From: Matteo Campanella
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bell 202 modulation
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:00:46 +0200 (CEST)

100011010 should become
  1        0         0           0      1    1       0        1       0
space-space,mark-mark,space-space,mark-mark-mark-mark,space-space-mark,space

with the arbitrary decision on the first bit, that could be either space
or mark, as there is no previous state. space is 1200Hz and mark is
2200Hz.
I have already encoded this on a DDS based on PWM on a PIC 16F628, but I
had control over REAL time there.
I have just written a block to do the differential encoding, that is, to
obtain the correct -1,1 sequence, but my doubt is how to apply this to the
freq modulator in order to obtain exactly the two tones I need for mark
and space, and the correct bit timing, as I do not have control over
time...

MC