Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR program for Macintosh

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR program for Macintosh
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:42:55 -0400

I have to say that I am not going to be a good guy to test for efficiency. This dual G5 is a lightning bolt. I told fftwf-wisdom to run for 1/4 hour. It has already completed the 2^17 and was in the 2^18's before it stopped and moved on to fftw-wisdom. Blistering fast. I look forward to the gr version 2.X video coming soon. ;-)

Bob

Michael Dickens wrote:
I have a Dual G4 @ 1.25 GHz running GNURadio w/ my own mods for fast USB and audio. For some reason this model covered under the previous models' noise issue (recall or something like that; none of the G5's are either). They don't call them "wind tunnels" for nothing!

There are various mot too expensive mods one can make to quiet the computer. Google "powermac noise" to get a list. - MLD