Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM demodulation problem / example video

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM demodulation problem / example video
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:47:44 -0400

Jens Elsner wrote:
Achilleas,

thanks for taking the time. My goal is to implement COFDM in gnuradio, DAB is a nice start.

To your points:

Time sync is not a problem in OFDM - the guard interval takes care of
that. Nice property. Try playing along with the "start_resamp" value -
it will work for an offset up to about 504 (this is the length of the guard
interval).

Jens

AHA! Now we are getting some place. This last paragraph was very revealing. Time sync is not a problem because of the guard interval BUT varying depth in to the guard interval will IMMEDIATELY translate into phase shifts on each and every bin that will vary with frequency and depth into the guard interval. I am sorry I have not had time to spend on the code but I have a lot going at the moment. There is simply no such thing as a free lunch anywhere anytime, not even with OFDM.

Bob