[Discuss-gnuradio] proposed change to ugen to enable USRP to work well o

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] proposed change to ugen to enable USRP to work well on NetBSD
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 14:00:23 -0400

At BBN we are working on a project involving teams of
cognitively-controlled software radios, funded by the US government.
As part of this, we will be using GNU Radio on NetBSD.  Due to the
current implementation of ugen(4) (generic USB devices), reads from
the USRP are not pipelined and transfer rates top out at around 4
MB/s.

Joanne has written a proposal to modify NetBSD's ugen(4) to get good
performance for the USRP.  We'd like feedback about the technical
approach.  (Once we have it working, the changes will be commited to
NetBSD-current.)

http://acert.ir.bbn.com/downloads/adroit/NetBSD-USB-continuous.pdf

--
        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>