Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] proposed change to ugen to enable USRP to work we

From: Daniel O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] proposed change to ugen to enable USRP to work well on NetBSD
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:06:09 +0930

On Thursday 04 May 2006 11:58, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> It would be nice if you could do a readv() and then
> poll/kqueue/select/signal to see when an iovec has been filled, however I
> suspect that would require severe modification of the kernel internals.

Ah now I think about it, this is called "aio_read" :)

I don't know how widely supported it is - in FreeBSD it's optional (via a
kernel option or KLD).

It does allow you to enqueue read requests and then later check if they have
been completed. IMO this is the best match for the USB IO model, but my USB
fu is fairly weak.

(And it's not much use if it isn't widely supported..)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum