Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simultaneous TX/RX Sample Code for RFX (FLEX) 400

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simultaneous TX/RX Sample Code for RFX (FLEX) 400
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:26:28 -0700

> > Although I am aware that the signal will need to be attenuated severely, I
> > am unsure what the RF front end of the RFX-400 is spec'd for.  With a 20 dBm
> > signal at the TX, I am planning to use anywhere from 40 to 60 dB of
> > attenuation.  I believe this will give me a -20 to -40 dBm signal at RX2.
> > This should be acceptable, right?  Thanks again for your help, it is much
> > appreciated.

There is enough leakage between the TX and RX side that you won't need
to connect them at all.  Just put a dummy load on the TX side.  The
TX/RX switch has about 35 dB of isolation.  You may get some extra
isolation by setting the RX input to RX2 and putting another dummy load
there.

You can also lower the TX power.

Matt