[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Scalability

From: jjw
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Scalability
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:28:15 -0700 (PDT)

I have a few questions related to the scalability of GNU Radio.  Any insight
would be most appreciated.

1)  I am unfamiliar with IPC, but understand how it could be useful to
increase computing power.  What would be the first step in setting it up to
do distributed computing with GNU Radio?

2)  Does data get buffered in between flowgraph blocks?  If so, what is the
block size, and can it be adjusted dynamically to optimize the data flow for
a given computer?

3)  Is it possible to launch multiple fg.start() functions (i.e. Is it
possible to run multiple threads/demodulations at the same time)?

I am sorry if some of these questions may seem pedestrian, however I am
coming from a more hardware-centric background and am trying to improve my
software knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any responses,
John