[Discuss-gnuradio] Jackd

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Jackd
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:26:48 -0400

With the latest jackd (svn) and a temporary file system (ram based) I have seen but one xrun in the last hour and that was while I was running thunderbird, vncviewer, and making a purchase at best buy with firefox. Otherwise, it is glitch free audio running my FM Stereo receiver from GnuRadio through the Portaudio interface to jack. It is rock solid.

The tmpfs must be configured at compile time from what I can find. I wish it were a command line feature (maybe it is and I just haven't found it).

Bob

--
Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.
Center for Communications Research