Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic Channel bandwidth allocation

From: Michael Ford
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic Channel bandwidth allocation
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:36:02 -0500

Matt,

I'll actually want to be able to control how far I can detect interference from my carrier, and the carrier I'll be detecting interference from. Do I have no choice but to cover ~30Mhz at a time?

-Michael Ford-

On 7/25/06, Matt Ettus <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael Ford wrote:

> So, I'm trying tomake a system where nodes communicate, not on set
> channels, but on as much of the spectrum as they can use based on the
> level of interference. For example, we know that 802.11 divides the
> spectrum into 13 channels with the center frequencies set at 5MHz
> apart. In my ideal situation, a network with only two nodes would be
> able to use the entire spectrum to send data, a network with 4 nodes
> and two transmissions would divide the spectrum in half for each
> transmission, and so on and so forth.
>
> In order to do this, I need to be able to scan for interference at
> specific channels/frequencies to determine whether or not they're
> available. Before I get too deep into the project, is this even
> possible with the USRP motherboard and the RFX2400 transceiver board?
> I know we have the RSSI circuit onboard, but I don't know on which
> frequencies it scans.

The RSSI on the motherboard will tell you the power within approx. +/-
15 MHz from your carrier.  You can also get a digital RSSI which will
tell you the power within your signal of interest.

Matt