[Discuss-gnuradio] Failed to set initial frequency on Ubuntu?

From: Sam Ross
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Failed to set initial frequency on Ubuntu?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:10:20 -0700

So I decided that the OS X install was a bust, and thought that I'd instead give it a shot on Ubuntu 6.06 on a standard Intel machine.  I followed the tutorial at http://m0mik.org pretty much exactly, and, as far as I could tell, the installation went off without a hitch.  However, when I try to run some scripts, I have problems:

address@hidden:~/gr-build/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp$ sudo ./usrp_wfm_rcv_nogui.py -f 102M
Using RX d'board A: Flex 400 Rx
>>> gr_fir_ccf: using 3DNow!
>>> gr_fir_fff: using 3DNow!
Failed
Failed to set initial frequency

And it just hanges there.  Might me sudoing be a problem?  I'm having some problems setting the usb permisssions.
Thanks
Sam