Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Failed to set initial frequency on Ubuntu?

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Failed to set initial frequency on Ubuntu?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:14:06 -0700

Sam Ross wrote:

So I decided that the OS X install was a bust, and thought that I'd instead give it a shot on Ubuntu 6.06 on a standard Intel machine. I followed the tutorial at http://m0mik.org pretty much exactly, and, as far as I could tell, the installation went off without a hitch. However, when I try to run some scripts, I have problems:

address@hidden:~/gr-build/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp$ sudo ./usrp_wfm_rcv_nogui.py -f 102M
Using RX d'board A: Flex 400 Rx
>>> gr_fir_ccf: using 3DNow!
>>> gr_fir_fff: using 3DNow!
Failed
Failed to set initial frequency

And it just hanges there. Might me sudoing be a problem? I'm having some problems setting the usb permisssions.

In your command line you are specifying a frequency of 102 MHz. The daughterboard you have installed is an RFX400 (aka Flex400). The RFX400 does not go down to 102 MHz, and thus the attempt to set the frequency fails. This example pretty much requires a TVRX board.

Matt