Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USB on OSX?

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USB on OSX?
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:20:47 +0200

I just installed gnuradio on my macbook and I wanted to test the usrp
but got the same error as Sam:

@ enter_search
802_15_4_pkt: waiting for packet
usrp_basic_rx: failed to start end point streaming

Next I tried to use the benchmark_usb.py file and I got this error:
Testing 2MB/sec... usrp_open_interface:usb_claim_interface: failed interface 1
usb_claim_interface: couldn't claim interface
usrp_basic_tx: can't open tx interface
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 106, in ?
   main ()
 File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 96, in main
   ok = run_test (rate, verbose)
 File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 63, in run_test
   usrp_tx = usrp.sink_s (0, tx_interp)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp.py", line
230, in __init__
   fpga_filename, firmware_filename)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py",
line 932, in sink_s
   return _usrp1.sink_s(*args)
RuntimeError: can't open usrp1

Interestingly, the firmware is uploaded successfully, i.e., the led
first blinks fast, then slower, and then I get the error.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thomas

On 7/27/06, Michael Klass <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for the reply Jon.  I'm quite sure that it has USB 2.0 ports, though.

http://staff.washington.edu/~jon/gr-osx/gr-osx-usrp.html#using