Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Intel Mac GNU Radio Install Update Soon

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Intel Mac GNU Radio Install Update Soon
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 07:39:33 -0400

"Thomas Schmid" <address@hidden> writes:

> A quick note of caution: I found out that sometimes compiling with -j2
> gets errors, then restarting the process without -j2 compiles without
> any errors. I assume that it is some dependency problems because one
> of the processes did not finish yet.

I believe the NetBSD source tree now builds with -j, but there was a
while where builds with -j would fail.  The problems were almost
entirely dependencies that weren't expressed, and it seems
non-parallel make would build things in an order that worked (or else
the makefile would have been fixed long ago).  This can probably be
figured out quickly with logs of failures when building with -j2 or
-j4.

--
    Greg Troxel <address@hidden>