Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Intel Mac GNU Radio Install Update Soon

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Intel Mac GNU Radio Install Update Soon
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:32:26 -0400

It looks to me like the build worked (perhaps you could try building
without installing), and that the install failed.  I think this is due
to there being a number  of files that need to be installed in a
directory that doesn't yet exist, and make parallelizing the install
commands.   Then two invocations of install would do
  check for dir
  mkdir
  copy file

and one would fail on the mkdir.

Perhaps an explicit install of the directory in an installdirs
target, and then the other install target with the files using .WAIT?
In BSD make:

     .WAIT     If .WAIT appears in a dependency line, the sources that precede
               it are made before the sources that succeed it in the line.
               Loops are not detected and targets that form loops will be
               silently ignored.  The ordering imposed by .WAIT applies recur-
               sively to dependents of the named targets, except where recur-
               sive interpretation of the ordering would cause a cycle in the
               ordering graph.

I couldn't figure out the GNU make syntax to do this.

--
    Greg Troxel <address@hidden>