Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] svn merging etc

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] svn merging etc
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 20:28:45 -0400

Eric,

I have to admit that I am a bit overwhelmed with
all these. I am still reading ch2 of the svn manual
and it doesn't go that fast...

At this point the gr-trellis compiles fine, so in
my opinion it can be incorporated in the trunk.
Then, we can work on the automated expansion, etc.

Best,
Achilleas

Eric Blossom wrote:

Johnanthan, FYI, I created the branch [probably bad form.]

Achilleas, I did create your account with the given password.

There's been a lot of work in trunk since the branch was checked out.
The branch only adds gr-trellis.  I think it would apply cleanly to
trunk, however it still doesn't automatically expand the templates, so
I don't think it's time for that merge.

My thought is to merge all the trunk changes into the branch (being
careful of course to record the range in the merge commit message), confirm
that everything is still working, and then finish the automation of
the template expansion.  Then finally merge it all back in to trunk.

Achilleas, I can finish the template expansion automation after we
merge trunk to branch.

How's this sound?
The branch was created from revision 3155.  See below

    address@hidden ~]$ cd gr/anastas
    address@hidden anastas]$ svn log --verbose --stop-on-copy
    r3156 | eb | 2006-08-04 12:07:21 -0700 (Fri, 04 Aug 2006) | 2 lines
    Changed paths:
       A /gnuradio/branches/developers/anastas/wip (from /gnuradio/trunk:3155)

    Created branch to use to merge in gr-trellis

The current revision of the trunk is 3174

    address@hidden ~]$ cd gr/trunk/
    address@hidden trunk]$ svn up
    U  gr-usrp/src/Makefile.am
    U  Makefile.common
    U  config/grc_gr_audio_osx.m4
    U  config/grc_gr_comedi.m4
    U  config/grc_gr_audio_alsa.m4
    U  config/grc_usrp.m4
    U  config/grc_gr_video_sdl.m4
    U  config/grc_gr_audio_oss.m4
    U  config/grc_gr_audio_portaudio.m4
    U  config/grc_gr_audio_jack.m4
    U  config/grc_gr_usrp.m4
    U  config/grc_gr_audio_windows.m4
    Updated to revision 3174.

So sitting in the top of the wip directory

  $ cd gr/anastas  [your's may be named something different}
  $ svn merge -r 3156:3174 http://gnuradio.utah.edu/svn/gnuradio/trunk

should merge those changes in [Johnathan, do I have this right?]

Check that this all compiles, then commit the merge to the branch.

  $ svn commit -m 'ported r3156:3174 (lots of stuff) from trunk'

Let me know when this is complete, and I'll finish off the automation.

FYI, the example on page 51 of "Version Control with Subversion (1.2)"
"Copying Specific Changes" is what I'm looking at as I write this...

Eric