Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build failing from "trunk"

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build failing from "trunk"
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:57:28 -0700

Michael Dickens wrote:
I just got back from a vacation w/o internet, am playing catch-up, and haven't had time yet to update the (new to me) SVN for ecc. While the ecc stuff is a work-in-progress, it's supposed to compile correctly. I will work tonight to get all my updated programming into SVN, as well as see if I can figure out what the issue you found is. - MLD
The svn repository is current with CVS HEAD. Please see Eric about subversion commit access. Also, please create a developer branch in the tree:

svn mkdir http://gnuradio.utah.edu/svn/gnuradio/branches/developers/mdickens
svn cp http://gnuradio.utah.edu/svn/gnuradio/trunk http://gnuradio.utah.edu/svn/gnuradio/branches/developers/mdickens/wip

(all on one line.)

Then you can check out the developer  branch:

svn co http://gnuradio.utah.edu/svn/gnuradio/branches/developers/mdickens/wip gnuradio
cd gnuradio

You can fiddle to your hearts content here and check-in intermediate work in progress. Once 'make distcheck' passes successfully, you can merge your changes into the trunk. I'll walk you through that when you're ready.

By using developer branches for intermediate work we keep the trunk in good shape for non-developers to check out from.

-Johnathan