[Discuss-gnuradio] New help

From: DJCarlson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] New help
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:40:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Sorry - hadn't finished subscribing!

I'm new to GNU Radio - warning -  it has been many years since I've done
much programing.  Anyway, I managed to get FC5 running on my Compact PC,
downloaded gnu radio code via svn - most seemed to make.  I ran dial_tone.py
and had a dial tone coming out of the speaker - victory!  So, I ordered usrp
and some various Rx/Tx boards.

With TVRx install and antenna attached, running usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f 107.9
(from gnurdio-examples - WXKS in Boston - a strong station) I get a very
weak, if any peak at 107.9 - and nothing from speakers - am I doing
something dumb?  Oh - when I plug power in - I get the fast blinking LED -
when program runs - changes to slow blink -

Thanks
Doug