Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Theory - GSM traffic detection with a USRP board

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Theory - GSM traffic detection with a USRP board
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:34:03 +0000

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 10:06:51AM +0200, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
>       Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Theory - GSM traffic detection with a
> USRP board
>       Date: mer 30 ago 06 02:41:01 +0200
>
> This is where I encounter problems. I cannot use the existing gnuradio
> software, that is incompatible with the languages I use. You must
> understand that "a decimating fir filter with decimation 20 and
> bandwidth 200e3" means close to nothing to me.

That kind of stuff didn't mean anything to me either when I first
started down this path.  I suspect it's not the English that's the
problem ;)

You may want to take a look at some of the books and papers listed
here:  http://comsec.com/wiki?SuggestedReading

"Understanding Digital Signal Processing" by Richard Lyons is a good
place to start.

Eric