Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Theory - GSM traffic detection with a USRP board

From: Carlo E. Prelz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Theory - GSM traffic detection with a USRP board
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:03:48 +0200

        Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Theory - GSM traffic detection with a
USRP board
        Date: gio 31 ago 06 02:34:03 +0000

Quoting Eric Blossom (address@hidden):

> That kind of stuff didn't mean anything to me either when I first
> started down this path.  I suspect it's not the English that's the
> problem ;)

Of course not...

> You may want to take a look at some of the books and papers listed
> here:  http://comsec.com/wiki?SuggestedReading
>
> "Understanding Digital Signal Processing" by Richard Lyons is a good
> place to start.

I notice this is a tome that numbers almost 800 pages... What can you
tell me about its content in formulas? I think graphical/spatial, and
a page full of formulas already blocks me. Ideally, I'd need a
formula-free book (pseudo-code or actual code is welcome, of course),
one that is written by a person who knows how to write
(literature-wise)... Can you still advice that book to me?

Thanks for your attention

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - address@hidden             che bisogno ci sarebbe