[Discuss-gnuradio] USB Error?

From: Andrew Borg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB Error?
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:10:40 +0100

Hi. I'm trying to get GnuRadio working using USRP. I've managed to get all the software installed as required. However, when I run usrp_wfm_rcv.py I get noise and nothing else on all channels. Both the GUI version and the no_gui version do this with the GUI version showing no clear peaks on any frequencies. After a few seconds, the whole thing seems to crash and I get a message saying "fusb: (rd status -71) Protocol error. I first installed everything on a machine using a Slackware distro of Linux. Since I did not have root access on this machine, I reinstalled everything on a fresh machine using Fedora 5. I get the exact same problem on both machines.

Does anyone have a clue what is going wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew