[Discuss-gnuradio] GPS Implementation

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS Implementation
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:23:59 +0200

Hello,
my name is Marco Gallo and I am quite new to the forum. I am interested in SDR
development specially reguarding the GPS application.
I would like to know if it is possible to use mobile phones' ADC for converting
GPS signals for evaluatic static position only.
I do not know if it is possibile for an external application to use mobile
phone component such as ADC; in case it is possible I do not know if mobile
phone ADC can process GPS signal. Since mobile phone networks work with 900 an
1800 MHZ band I thought it could process also GPS, but I did not find any
documentation reguarding phones architecture and specifications. Is there
anybody who could help me to undestand?

Thank you in advance,
Greetings

Marco