[Discuss-gnuradio] AGC loop and digital mods

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] AGC loop and digital mods
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:35:33 -0400

Eric,

Here's a brief write-up on the tests I ran for the AGC loops. It looks like
the feedforward has a slight advantage over most of the test cases.

I thought I'd email this to the listserv in case anyone is interested in the
digital modulations. Basically, we're working on getting stable DBPSK and
DQPSK modulators into the code base. The AGC loops seems to be producing
problems, much of which is caused by driving the Costas loop crazy at the
next stage of the receiver. Future work will include creating a non-coherent
receiver for the differential modulations to take out the Costas loop.

Tom