Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboards RFX400, RFX900, and RFX1800

From: TM Tiwari
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboards RFX400, RFX900, and RFX1800
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:36:43 -0500

This means more people are working in 400MHz, 900MHz and 1800MHz bands. If yes, then why? I guess 400MHz is not in ISM bands so we are left with 900MHz, 1800MHz and 2400MHz for the available daughterboards. Can you enlighten me, with respect to the GNU Radio project, what advantages do 400MHz, 900MHz and 1800MHz band possess over 1200MHz and 2400MHz band?

Thank you.

Tarun

On 9/26/06, Matt Ettus <address@hidden> wrote:
TM Tiwari wrote:

> While ordering hardware components for GNU Radio, I wondered if more
> people prefered daughterboards RFX400, RFX900 and RFX1800 for the
> developement. Can someone enlighten me what are the advantages of
> these transcievers over other available transcievers like RFX1200 and
> RFX2400.

They all operate on different bands.  It depends what band you are
interested in.

Matt