Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboards RFX400, RFX900, and RFX1800

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboards RFX400, RFX900, and RFX1800
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:54:31 -0400

  This means more people are working in 400MHz, 900MHz and 1800MHz bands. If
  yes, then why?

You are jumping to unwarranted conclusions; there's no rule that
production runs are all the same size.

My anecdotal evidence is that the 2400 boards are most popular, but I
don't have a count.  I suspect that this is because of the lure of
802.11-like systems.

  I guess 400MHz is not in ISM bands so we are left with
  900MHz, 1800MHz and 2400MHz for the available daughterboards. Can you
  enlighten me, with respect to the GNU Radio project, what advantages do
  400MHz, 900MHz and 1800MHz band possess over 1200MHz and 2400MHz band?

I don't think "the project" cares.  Different bands have different
propagation, different usages with which one might want to
interoperate, different incumbent users that one might want to avoid,
and different regulatory situations.  Plus, the power output of
daughterboards is different.  There are reasons to be interested in
each.

Perhaps you could explain what you want to do; your question is too
open ended and can't be answered in a reasonable period of time - so I
suspect it won't be.