Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS build problem with shared_ptr.hpp

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CVS build problem with shared_ptr.hpp
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 08:46:39 -0400

I am able to see the shared_prt.hpp file using ls /usr/include/ boost-1_33_1/boost command but still not able to compile the software.

In my experience, this means that your shell environment is not configured correctly. On OSX, it usually means that there are multiple versions of some of the background applications and libraries installed in different places (e.g. using DarwinPorts [/opt/ local], Fink [/sw/local], and/or from source [/usr/local]). For some reason this seems to confuse configure. While configure runs correctly on -many- OSs and shell environments, it can't work in - all- of them.

Meanwhile when I do ./bootstrap I receive some warnings like this :

/usr/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_PSTOEDIT run info '(automake)Extending aclocal' or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

/usr/share/aclocal/libsmi.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBSMI/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT

/usr/share/aclocal/cppunit.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_CPPUNIT

These are harmless warnings which you can easily fix. I fix them in my DarwinPorts install script (in tcsh; it would be similar for bash or csh or sh) .. this would be basically the same for Cygwin, but it's easy enough to describe what to do:

cd /usr/share/aclocal
[edit] pstoedit.m4
[search for] AC_DEFUN
[the line will read: "AC_DEFUN(AM_PATH_*" where the * is the rest of the function name in all CAPS] [change this line to read: "AC_DEFUN([AM_PATH_*]" by adding the "[" and "]"]
[save]
[do this again for the other files: libsmi.m4 and cppunit.m4]
[cd back to gnuradio and try bootstrap to verify correctness]