Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Announcing GNU Radio Release 3.0

From: Bdale Garbee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Announcing GNU Radio Release 3.0
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:46:07 -0600

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 13:02 -0400, Michael Dickens wrote:
> Those look like they're all for i386 ... any idea if they'd work on
> an Intel-Mac running Debian Linux?  Got any for an ARM processor? - MLD

CC'ing the list since this reply may be of more general interest.

Once the packages are accepted into the Debian master archive, they will
be auto-built for all Debian architectures, and should show up in the
'unstable' distribution on mirrors shortly afterwards.  I've done a
local build for amd64 for my own use that's running fine, but I haven't
taken time to build any other architectures by hand.

It usually takes a few days for a package restructuring like this to be
accepted into the Debian archive. If you're really desperate for 3.0
packages on another architecture and can't wait a few days for them to
show up in the mirror network, you're always welcome to build them
yourself from my source package.

With regard to Intel-based Macs running Debian, I actually have a brand
new Mac mini with Intel guts sitting here that was sent to me to use in
resolving some rough edges with EFI, but it's likely to be another week
before I even have time to take it out of the box.

Bdale