[Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK channel filter

From: Ben Olsen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK channel filter
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 19:40:13 -0500

Hello,

I have a bit of a confusion concerning the decimating Channel filter in the stock receive_path.py script that I'm using with the GMSK rx and tx python script:

The filter coefficients for the chan_filt filter are determined by the gr.firdes.low_pass() function, which takes, among other arguments, the midpoint and the width of the transition band.  In the gr_firdes.h file it is specified that the units for these arguments is Hz, but in the code it says that the midpoint of the trans. band is "1.0".  The script correctly receives data on a much larger band than 1 Hz, so what am I missing?  Is the value somewhere being changed to designate a different value at the filter's level?

Thanks,
Ben