[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help getting started

From: Jim Borynec
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help getting started
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:35:06 -0600

Anyway, installation, make check, and the ./test_standard_?x scripts work fine (the LED behaves as expected and the benchmarks seem reasonable), however I get nothing when running the usrp_oscope or usrp_wfm_rcv scripts as directed in the instructions. Both dial tone scripts work fine, by the way. The scope and FM receive scripts run fine, but I hear just hear/see static. If I set the oscope to 900MHz and bring my cordless 900MHz phone around, there's no change in the scope. If I can the entire FM spectrum in the other script, I don't get anything but static anywhere. My little portable CD player can hear the radio just fine in this lab, so I figure the foot-long copper antenna that came with the USRP ought to as well. I don't know a lot about communications...

Try using a meter long wire.

I had a similar problem and the bigger antenna worked for me.

j.b.