Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help getting started

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help getting started
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:43:13 -0700

>> If I can the entire FM spectrum in the other script, I don't
>> get anything but static anywhere. My little portable CD player can
>> hear the radio just fine in this lab, so I figure the foot-long copper
>> antenna that came with the USRP ought to as well.

If you are using the Basic RX board, there is no amplification from the
antenna jack to the ADC on the motherboard.  The ADC also has an input
bandwidth of about 200 MHz, so anything higher than this into won't see.

This doesn't apply to the other daughter boards like the TVRX or DBSRX,
which have actual gain, IF, and mixer stages before the signal gets sent
 down to the motherboard.

-Johnathan