Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ReG - Building GNU Radio

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ReG - Building GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:52:10 -0700

De Lima Julian wrote:

> I had the same problem on Ubuntu (Segmantation fault). I found that I
> have to do “make” 12 times, each time it generates another fault. But
> after these 12 times make, Gnu Radio works…

I'd recommend you run the 'memcheck86' boot time option to test the RAM
in your machine.  GNU Radio is fairly harsh in compile time memory
requirements and can uncover problems that might have never been seen
before.  These usually manifest as random segmentation faults.

Not saying that that is definitely going on here, but it sure looks like
it.  Ubuntu has pre-packaged memcheck86 into the startup OS options so
this should be easy for you to try.

Johnathan Corgan, AE6HO
address@hidden