Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ReG - Building GNU Radio

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ReG - Building GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:37:20 -0700

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 04:36:51PM +0200, De Lima Julian wrote:

> I had the same problem on Ubuntu (Segmantation fault). I found that
> I have to do "make" 12 times, each time it generates another
> fault. But after these 12 times make, Gnu Radio works...

It would be helpful if you could be more precise than just
"Segmentation Fault".  If so, what program is seg faulting?  Is it
g++?, or some test code, or what?

Looking at the output of make will tell you which program was running
last.

If you have a small amount of RAM and/or limited swap space, some
versions of g++ has been know to segfault while attempting to compile
gnuradio_swig_python.cc.  On my machine, g++ grows to about 650MB
while compiling it.  (We will be breaking this file into smaller
chunks in the future.  See ticket:69)

Eric