Re: Two more questions: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Two GMSK decoders with tw

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: Two more questions: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Two GMSK decoders with two msg queues
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:53:58 -0700

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 11:47:13PM -0400, Dawei Shen wrote:
> Hey Eric, Michael and other friends:
>
> My code is working well now. But I met two new problems, which are not so
> crucial, but really important to me.
>
> 1. When I initilize the Viterbi algorithm, I wish that for the first trunk
> of data, ninput_items >= Viterbi algorithm's working length, let's say
> ninput_items > 100 (only for the first trunk of data, doesn't matter for
> later ones). Now I am using assert(ninput_items > 100), which may not may
> not let me get through. Is there anyway so that I could control the number
> of incoming samples?

You don't have to consume all the incoming samples.  Just consume the
number you want, and return the number of output samples that you
produced (I assume it's 100) as the result of work or general_work.

> 2. Another problem is more difficult to describe, the following is part of
> my main code:

Sorry, I wasn't clear what your second question was.

On a separate topic, you may want to consider updating to the
subversion trunk, or at least the 3.0 release so that you are using
the latest code and naming conventions for the mod/demod and packet
handling code.  It's not crucial, but there may be stuff we've fixed
since you started working.  Also, I don't keep track of the old stuff
in my head, and since you are using something called gmsk2 (that
hasn't existed for a couple of months), I know that you're not up to
date ;)

Eric