[Discuss-gnuradio] Processor Utilization

From: Jeremy Chew
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Processor Utilization
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:54:17 +0800

Hi,

I tried the IP tunneling sample that came with GNU Radio which uses TUN/TAP. I used a Pentium M 1.6 GHz laptop with 480 MB RAM. I noticed that, when the IP tunneling is turned on, the CPU utilization averages about 69% and peaks around 93% even when I do not run any application using the IP tunnel.

This utilization is very high. Is it due to the GMSK algorithm? Is there any inefficiency in the IP tunneling program that is a significant cause of the high utilization?

Jeremy Chew