[Discuss-gnuradio] I'm confused about installation of GNU radio software

From: Komar Wijaya
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] I'm confused about installation of GNU radio software
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 06:51:10 +0100 (BST)

Dear all,
I'm a beginner in this subject, software defined radio. I want to learn more about the software..and I have a lot of question:

1) Can we exploring the software without buying the usrp board?
2) Do I have to installing Linux operating system to exploring the software? can we just exploring it in windows xp? Or I have to buy the USRP board before I can exploring the software?
3) Is there a software tester for each block or modul of the software?

For this time, i think that's the questions.

Thank you for the attention.

Regards,
Komar.