Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFID receiver

From: Erlend Barstad Strand
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFID receiver
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:49:41 +0200

Sitat Harald Welte <address@hidden>:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 11:55:51AM +0200, Erlend Barstad Strand
> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > As a pre-project to my master-project I am considering making a
> RFID
> > receiver with gnuradio, atleast attempt to. However I recently
> noticed
> > that an RFID detector/receiver is mentioned as a project under
> > investigation or progress in the "Exploring GNU Radio"-document.
>
> Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't have a lot of time for keeping
> up
> with mailinglists recently (busy with other free hardware RFID work
> for
> http://openpcd.org).

No problem...

> When you talk about RFID, what kind of system are you talking about?
>
> Which frequency? Which protocols?  Magnetic coupling, backscatter or
> SAW?

I have changed the focus of my pre-project sligthly, so I will not try
to make an RFID receiver this semester, I might try next though.

If I do try this next semester, it will be a RFID receiver of the ISO
14443-2 standard. The aim of the project will simply be to sniff on the
communication between a card an a reader. The reason for chosing ISO
14443-2 is simply that I have a RFID reader available using this
standard.....

--
Erlend Barstad Strand