Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Software GPS receivers.

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Software GPS receivers.
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:19:53 -0500

Trond Danielsen wrote:
Hi everyone!

This is my first post to this list, so please correct me if I do
something wrong.

I have been watching the GnuRadio project for a while, and I must say
that it is an impressive piece of work. I am currently doing a
pre-study for my master thesis on building software defined GPS
receivers using open source components. I read through the archives
and discovered that some work has already been done. In that case I
have a few questions:

1. What is the current state of the broad band RF frontend for GPS signals?
2. Has anyone looked more into using the GPStk for signal processing
(http://gpstk.sf.net)
3. Would huge changes to the FPGA source code be required to support a
gps receiver?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you might find the
project interesting.

Best regards,
I have no idea how we missed this GPS toolkit site.  It is fantastic.

Bob

--
Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.
Center for Communications Research