Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maintenance of Installation Guides

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maintenance of Installation Guides
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:28:23 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Michael Dickens wrote:

(1) the top hit is Jon's OSX install guide (go Jon!)

Unfortunately that guide is out of date.  It does not describe the
new build procedure using svn and gnuradio.org, which came along in August. Some time ago I added brief notes at the top of each page saying what had changed and pointing readers to the new Wiki. In response to Matt's recent message I made those notes more emphatic. I hope to revise them soon, but I don't have time this week.

I'm not sure about moving those pages into the Wiki. They contain a lot of background explanation and more detailed directions than may be appropriate there. Also they make some recommendations (about where to put the installed software for example) that may differ from other guides.

Jon Jacky