RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3/Cell BE platform

From: Newell Jensen
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3/Cell BE platform
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:10:23 +0000

As I am new to all this please correct me if I am wrong as I am trying to get a better understanding of everything. I am assuming that even though you are able run linux on the PS3 that you will not be able to use gnuradio as it stands because of the different processor architechture, right? That is, the code in gnuradio wouldn't take advantage of the 7 SPEs etc.? With reading over what I have, it seems like using the Cell BE would be a great thing and the future looks bright for this. Thanks

Newell

MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by style, age, and price. Try it! http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline