[Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble building under cygwin

From: Steven Clark
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble building under cygwin
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:15:30 -0500

Hello all-

I'm new to GNU Radio, and was trying to get a development environment set up in windows using Cygwin, in order to play with a USRP.
I'm matching http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/CygwinInstallMain as closely as I can.

The trouble is occuring during the installation of wxPython. I know this is "just" a GUI environment, but I'd still like to get it working. I get to step 6 of http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/wxPythonCygwin, and the make fails, complaining about the fact that the file
C:\cygwin\usr\src\wxPython-src-2.6.3.3\src\jpeg\jmorecfg.h, line 264
(included from C:\cygwin\usr\src\wxPython-src-2.6.3.3\src\jpeg\jpeglib.h:26, which is in turn included from C:\cygwin\usr\src\wxPython-src-2.6.3.3\src\common\imagjpeg.cpp:46)

typedefs boolean as an int, whereas boolean was previously typedef'd as an unsigned char (by C:\cygwin\usr\include\w32api\rpcndr.h:52).

If I comment out the original typedef in rpcndr.h, make / make install works ok.

Is this normal? Is my hack likely to cause trouble down the line? If no, you might want to add a note about this issue on the wiki.

Cheers-
-Steven