Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp rev 4.1 question

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp rev 4.1 question
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:05:04 -0800

Hans Glitsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm still new at this.  Please be patient with me.
>
> I'm getting confused by the variances in docs and articles I can find
> on the internet.  I'm confused about the exact capabilities of the
> usrp, and the Basic RXs that I have.  I have a usrp rev 4.1 and two
> basic RX boards (not sure about the rev), that were all purchased
> around June of 2006.  My question is: is one of my Basic RXs capable
> of implementing two receivers and outputting two complex signals, or
> is it only capable of outputting one complex, or two real signals?

The BasicRX has 2 analog signals coming in.  You can use 1 as I and 1 as
Q, in which case you get 1 IQ signal going into the host.  You can also
use them as individual real signals.  In that case, each real signal
would be downconverted into an IQ signal, thus sending 2 IQ signals back
to the host machine.

Matt