Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Galois-form LFSR now in trunk (r4613)

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Galois-form LFSR now in trunk (r4613)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:47:18 -0800

Trond Danielsen wrote:

> Sorry for not expressing myself clearly. This is what I was thinking of:
>
> d_length = (int)(1ULL << degree)-1;

That's a 64-bit unsigned long long constant equal to 1.  I need that to
be able to shift left by 32; if it were just the 1UL it would fall off
the end.

> Sorry to bother you.

No, you inadvertently found a bug in my code anyway, so thanks.

After going through the work of creating a 64-bit value, I was
immediately casting it to 'int'.  It's been fixed.  The joys of having
ones "intermediate work product" on display for the world :-)

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC