[Discuss-gnuradio] DVBT Tx

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVBT Tx
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:18:06 +0100

Hi Eric,
I just saw your cool gnuradio presentation and heard you talking about a not yet realtime ATSC transmitter.
I am a telecommunication engineering student in italy at Pisa University (Italy) at the moment, and it is quite likely that my final thesis (to be started in about a year from now) will be a DVB-T transmitter.

So I'm slowly approaching the subject, and starting to figure out some preliminary choices  and possibilities...

My  first  questions  then are :

..Do you think it is possible to reach real time, considering hardware improvements  since the video was recorded?

..How  could  I  test a non  real  time  transmitter?  (I  think  I  understand  not   real  time  receiver but how did you test the transmitter?)

Best Regards
--
Vincenzo Pellegrini