Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fewer than 8 bits per sample FPGA support

From: Peter Monta
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fewer than 8 bits per sample FPGA support
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:55:09 -0800

Eric Blossom wrote:

The "short" version doesn't touch the data.  You'll be able to unpack
it youself.

Strange, I had some problem with rx_cfile not seeming to respect
the width parameter.  I'll try it again.

That determines the minimum decimation rate required upstream
from the halfband (4).

I see.  Maybe I'll just forget the halfband too and just subsample by
2---the baseband filters on the MAX2118 may be enough for
reasonable antialiasing.

The test bench would be nice.

Attached.

Cheers,