Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in framer_sink

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in framer_sink
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:59:58 -0700

Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:

> Regarding protecting the length field, a rate 1/2 linear block code
> can always be used.
>
> The way it is now it is a repetition code which offers little
> protection.

As-is there is no FEC in in the digital packet code anyway.  When we add
that, we'll likely do it for the complete header and payload at the same
time. In the mean time it's simple enough and effective (when combined
with the payload CRC) to at least detect and drop corrupted packets on
receive.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC